The great slimdown
We’ve heard it time and time again. Want to drop a few pounds? Diet. Exercise. If only it were that easy.
But what if there was someone to guide you? Someone to hold you accountable in a medically controlled environment? Someone to counsel you? Well, there may be a solution for you. Natalie Ikeman, PA-C at our Golden Valley Clinic has developed a program and can help you get healthier by hitting weight-loss goals. And better yet – most insurance plans will cover your monthly visits. Natalie has developed a plan that includes exercise videos to kick start your path to health, wellness and weight loss. The videos are tailored to your level in the program – whether you’re a beginner or have graduated to a higher intensity.
Since starting the program one year ago, Natalie has helped patients lose almost 500 pounds collectively! With active program patients ranging from age 22 to 74, Natalie has helped many enter the road to health and weight loss with her expertise, coaching and guidance. She’s agreed to share some tips for us folks who need a little encouragement to drop a pound or two (or more):
- We all know we should drink water – Natalie suggests 60-70 ounces daily. If this is hard for you, set a timer on your phone for a reminder (there are lots of apps available.) Add cucumber, mint or lemon to help flavor it. Don’t drink your calories. Avoid pop – if you don’t understand the ingredients, don’t drink it.
- Meal plan and prepping is huge. Pack 5 baggies of fruits and veggies at the beginning of the week so you have daily grab and goes.
- Park farthest from the door.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Grocery shopping: shop ONLY from a list. Before you grab a cart, walk a few laps around the store.
- Rule of thumb – if there are more than 5 ingredients on a food label don’t eat it. It is very processed.
- Natalie has many more…
Healthy snack options:
- If you have a hard time eating a plain apple or a rice cake, jazz it up with a little peanut butter or low-fat cheese
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Nuts or seeds
- Who doesn’t love those low-fat string cheese mozzarella snacks?
- Be creative – wrap a slice of turkey around a slice of green pepper
- Don’t like yogurt? Have you tried Greek?
- Natalie has many more + great dip recipes…
Check out her videos.
But make sure to schedule an appointment with Natalie Ikeman, PA so she can help you select the appropriate intensity.
Make an appointment with Natalie at the Golden Valley Clinic and get started on losing inches and pounds with the Great Slim Down program in 2017. The appointment line is 612-873-6963.
Hi Natalie I have watched and done the chair exercises that you have on YouTube. Have you put a book out on your program, The Great Slim Down. To be honest I need help losing weight I am very overweight.